Looking for a breakfast thats high in omega-3’s, full of healthy fatty acids and high in protein? Try baked eggs in avocado.
This recipe is so quick and easy to make.
1 ripe avocado
2 fresh eggs
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon herbs of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Cut the avocado in half, and take out the pit. Scoop out roughly two tablespoons of flesh from the centre of the avocado, just enough for the egg to fit in the centre.
- Put the avocados on an oven tray or small baking dish.
- Crack an egg into each avocado half.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the size of your eggs and avocados. Just make sure the egg whites have enough time to set.
- Remove from oven, then season with pepper, chives, and garnish of your choice
NB: When cracking the egg into the yolk, try your best to crack the yolk in first, then let the egg whites spill in to fill up the rest of the shell