Honesty hour! As the winter months approach, finding time, energy and motivation to work out will become increasingly difficult. It’ll be dark, wet and bitterly cold so of course it’s going to be a struggle to drag yourself out of bed or the office to burn off those comfort food calories. Luckily for you, I’ve come up with a list of fitness hacks to make getting cramped and clammy that little bit more appealing…
1. Plan Ahead – pack your gym bag the night before or better yet, if you’re an early riser, sleep in your kit! You’re more likely to stick to your schedule if you’re prepared.
2. H.O.C (HIIT Over Cardio) – spending 90 minutes on a treadmill won’t sound attractive to even the speediest of marathon runners. Make things a little more exciting by switching to a high intensity interval training circuit. Create a list of body weight exercises such as cross body lunches, diamond push ups and mountain climbers and go as hard as you can for one minute on each station with a 45 second break at the end of each complete round. Repeat for 30 minutes and let your endorphins runneth over.
3. Make it Routine – when your workout feels like second nature, it will become a healthy habit. And if you’ve got a sweet tooth, you’ll know habits are hard to kick!
4. Gains and Grams – though it’s important to set your goals based on your own body type, searching for #fitnessinspo on Instagram and Pinterest can help to motivate you on those dismal days. I mean if seeing Teyana Taylor gyrate to Kanye West’s “Fade” won’t make you put that burger down, I don’t know what will!
5. Perks & Desserts – don’t forget to treat yourself! Okay, a slice of cheesecake after every super set of squats is excessive but you should include mini rewards in your routines to help keep you going, particularly in the winter months. If you’re just starting out and on a strict diet, why don’t you treat yourself to a new item of gym clothing or equipment?
Love Geen x