It’s the first Monday of 2015 eccckkk!
I can’t believe we’re in 2015 already. 2014 was a very good year for me and I have no complaints. If I could go back and do the year again, there is nothing I would change. I can only hope 2015 is just as amazing and productive.
Now to kick start my new year, I had Poached Egg & Avocado Toast for breakfast *licks lips*.
To make this yummy breakfast, you will need:
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1/2 avocado
- Black pepper for topping
- Fill a pot half way with water.
- Bring the water to a simmer, and break each egg slowly into the simmering water, let it cook for 1 minute exactly, turn the heat off, place a lid on the skillet and let them sit in the hot water for 3-5 minutes (depending on how runny you like your egg).
- While the eggs poach, add the avocado in a small bowl, mash it with the back of a fork, add the pepper and stir it all together.
- Divide the avocado mixture between the two pieces of bread or toast and smear it on really well.
- Take the egg out of the water, pat them dry on a paper towel, place each egg on the avocado toast and sprinkle a little pepper.
Adding a teaspoon of vinegar to the water before boiling helps the eggs stay together in the water.
Most of the fats in this recipe (from the avocado and the eggs) are healthy in MODERATION. To reduce your fat intake, scale back on the avocado or use egg whites in place of eggs.