If you’re a salmon lover like myself, you will definitely love this recipe.
- Salmon filet (cooked or uncooked).
- 1 egg white.
- 1/2 diced red onion.
- 2 spring onions.
- 1 bread of your choice (sandwich bread, mini pitta bread or any whole wheat bun).
- Burger toppings of your choice (lettuce, tomatos, onions etc).
- 2 tsp cottage cheese.
- Seasoning of your choice (garlic, ginger, pepper, herbs, thyme etc).
1. Season your salmon with salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, mixed herbs.
2. Bake in the oven at 200°C for 13-15 minutes. (If your using cooked salmon, skip this step).
3. Flake and mash the salmon in a mixing bowl.
4. Add the egg white and onions.
5. Gently shape the salmon into patties.
6. Make sure you use a non stick pan on a medium heat and cook in a skillet using coconut oil. the patty is cooked on both sides. Cook the burgers for about 5 minutes each side and cook until the burgers are brown on each side.
7. Place the burgers on your choice of bread, spreading cottage cheese on one side of your bread and add your desired burger toppings.