So today is Pancake Day and JustGeen’s stomach will definitely be getting involved.
Along my journey, I have found that there are many different healthy ways to make pancakes and Protein Pancakes have become my favourite. Not only are they low in carb and low in fat, they are delicious!
The recipe is quite simple:
- 3 table spoons of wheat flour
- 3 egg whites
- ½ cup of oats
- 2 table spoons of protein powder (optional)
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- pinch of nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons of rice milk
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Whisk all the ingredients into a bowl until it is lump free.
- Your pan should be warmed on a medium heat with just a little bit of olive oil or olive oil cooking spray.
- Pour your mix into the pan and cook on each side for 1-2 minutes.