As February is the month of Love and also Pancake day, I decided to whip up some Sweet Potato Pancakes.
For this scrumptious dish you will need:
- 1 whole cooked sweet potato
- 1 egg white
- 250g wholemeal flour
- 200ml almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tbsp honey
- handful of desire fruit for topping
- coconut oil, for pan
- Mix together all ingredients but the coconut oil and beat until a batter forms.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Pour a small amount of your pancake mix to the hot frying pan and cook until bubbles begin to appear in the batter then flip.
- Cook for about 2 minutes per side, depending how big you make them. I find that wheat flour makes the pancakes fluffy and softer than normal pancakes, so it breaks a lot easier. I would suggest making the pancakes small. The smaller you make them, the easier they are to flip and not break apart.
- Dice your desired fruit once pancakes are cooked.
- Stack your pancakes.
- Place your fruit on top or on the side and pour your honey where you like.