I’m sure you’ve all seen the news that burnt toast can now cause cancer. Crazy right? So this got me thinking, what other breakfasts are there which we can enjoy over toast?
- Crumpets: a popular choice in the English culture these little delights can be topped with all sorts from eggs to salmon. Just ensure they are soft and warm.
- Sweet potato: a new craze to have taken the health food world, thin slices of sweet potato popped in the toaster then topped with anything. I’d suggest feta, pomegranate seeds and avocado.
- Overnight oats: I’m sure you’ve see no these jars on your instagram feed, they are easy and quick. Pop yogurt, oats and loads of fruit in a jar and leave overnight.
- Porridge: in keeping with the oats trend, porridge is warming and nutritious. Top yours with berries and seeds to up the health benefits.
- Muesli breakfast bars: made the night before combine spices and flavouring with a touch of oil, splash of honey and plenty of dried fruits and nuts.
- Omeletes: made with as many or as few ingredients as you want. Simple chop all ingredients up mix with eggs, milk and seasoning then fry. Try onion, cheese, ham, tomatoes and spinach.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so ensure what option you choice is a healthy and filling one. Add an ingredient with protein to your meal to increase your energy.
Easy ways to add protein include: bananas, peanut butter, eggs, yogurt, oats and salmon.